Head Start Eligibility
- Child must be at least 3 years old, or turn 3 years old by the date used to determine eligibility for public school.
- Family’s income is equal to or below the poverty line.
- Family’s incomes are between 100 – 130% of the poverty line.
- Family receives or is eligible for public assistance including TANF and/or SNAP.
- Family is homeless as defined by the McKinney-Vento definition of homeless.
- Child is in foster care.
- If family does not fall into the above criteria the program may enroll a child who would benefit from services. Families within this realm cannot make up more than 10% of program’s enrollment.